Friday, August 28, 2009

What happened?

I used to cook all the time. Now every night is a struggle and it usually ends with this: "Do you want me to just pick something up at Surdyks?"

Spending $15 on sandwiches a few nights a week is taking it's toll on the budget. Not to mention we're getting really tired of Surdyks Deli. Which is a shame because I haven't had a better slice of Red Velvet cake and their Minneapple Melt is out of this world.

So I'm going to buckle down and make dinner. Every night. For a week.

It's a start.

3 comments:

  1. Hi there, LOL this is exactly what I have felt like for the last few days. It is so much easier to pick up takeaways but you are right in saying it takes a toll on the budget! I cooked bacon and egg tonight so thats a start :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, you'll be starting this...when?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started on Monday....am I not doing a good job? I cooked on Monday. Then leftovers on Tuesday (it counts because I cooked it!) Tuesday John "picked something up" and well, tonight I "picked something up" so that means I will cook tomorrow. D- for week 1.

    ReplyDelete